I am officially moving to the new RHFH blog please come over and join me. If you have a minute please change my address in your blog sidebars for me. I want all of you to continue to follow our work here in Haiti. I promise to continue with blog post from the RC and many, many stories from my life here in Haiti. Will you join me?
After 10 years of being married, 4 beautiful kids, 3 different times applying, many tears, many frustrations, many trips to the USA without him. Enoch got his visa! He can now visit the USA with his family! We wanted to share the video below. We waited until he arrived home to tell the kids.
Mary, the boys teacher, had just arrived back from her break in the USA. She brought the boys presents and that is what Trey is referring to at the end of the video. Enjoy!
to check out Real Hope for Haiti’s new web site here! We will be moving this blog there soon!
Happy 36th Birthday to Elicia Betor!!!! We (Anna and Jess) have broken onto the blog in order to notify you of this important day. Please please please leave an encouraging birthday message for our friend Licia. We would love to see record breaking comments on this post, so get those fingers typing. :)
Here are 36 reasons why we dearly love Licia Betor:
1. She puts up with us and even laughs with/at? us sometimes
2. She has the 4 cutest (and funniest) kids everrrrrrr!
3. She likes Hot Tamales
4. She deeply cares about each one of the kids that are in her care….more than any of us even know.
5. (Anna loves) Her precision in measuring while baking
6. She sees everyone as her equal
7. Her patience!!!!
8. She allows Jesus to live and love through her
9. She plays the same playlist over and over…and over…AND over in the office
10. She often has to wake up late at night to give a child a “piki” (shot) , IV meds, etc.
11. Her favorite movie is Elf!
12. She takes us on long hikes up in the mountains
13. She continues to allow Jesus to break her heart for the people she serves.
14. She has hundreds and hundreds of funny/moving/jaw dropping stories.
15. She’s chill.
16. She can’t resist Trey’s puppy eyes.
17. She is INCREDIBLY gracious!
18. She prioritizes her precious family
19. She has allowed us to be a part of her life
20. Her spelling is impeccable
21. She truly trusts the Lord
22. She’s precious
23. She gives a voice to the people she loves through her blog
24. She is truly “Haitian” in that she wears her nice jeans and tennis shoes every time she goes into town. :)
25. She is someone that we look up to
26. She’s in denial that she’s famous in the blogging world
27. She loves House and lets us watch it at her house with her
28. She buys us mangos :)
29. She can take a bucket shower in as little as one gallon of water. That’s impressive!
30. She’ll spend hours chatting with us late into the night
31. She is picking up on American pop-culture and fully diving in (It’s quite entertaining. We love you @Elicia Zachary Betor)
32. She’s extremely positive…she always finds the silver lining.
33. She passionately worships the Lord with all her heart
34. She has sacrificed so much, but she wouldn’t have had it any other way.
35. She lets us make fun of her and her wheezy laugh
36. When you ask her kids what they love about her they say “So much I don’t even know what to say” (true story. Henley and Carmelo both said this without knowing each other had said it.)
WE LOVE YOU LICIA!!
We want to welcome you to our new RHFH website! You can click here to see it. We are happy with the results and excited that we have something to direct everyone too. My blog will be moving there soon. Lori, Casey and I will be doing most of the blogging. But we will have guest bloggers, and Charlie, Enoch and dad will be joining in every once in a while. Lori and I feel pressure at times to get something up so you can know what is happenings here at RHFH. We hope that you will enjoy our new site. Check it out and let us know what you think!
- We have a team of 4 here from Indiana. A board member, Jeremy, and his son. Ron (who has been here several times) and his son. The are very low key guest. (which are the best) They work all day and play with the kids at night. We love having them here and enjoy their fellowship. They have repaired the clinic gate and help build a house. Today they began to repair the shelter where patients wait to be seen in the clinic.
- We have another team of 5 here for 2 days. This is the first time meeting them. They were scheduled to come in right after the earthquake in Jan. It is a mix of doctors and other medical staff. The doctors did consults today on many people from the village. Another did women’s health screening for 19 women. We have a terrible burn that we took in two days ago. They have been helping to figure out medications and dressing changes for her. They are a great encouragement to us and the staff. A real blessing for RHFH. PTL!
- Anna and Jess are still here with us. They have been working very hard. All the odd jobs that we cannot ask anyone else to do they have been doing. They will never know what a great help they have been to us already. We just love them both so much. Lori and I need fellowship and laughter in our lives. They are filling this need as well. :)
- There is a 10-year-old girl named Claudette that is with us. She is burned very badly and we are not sure if she will live or not. We need you to pray for her. She is also in a great deal of pain.
- the cholera house is still in full swing with many patients
- Madelene is still with us and doing well. Continue to pray for her.
- Exciting news for RHFH site coming up tomorrow!