WOW! We have been busy and I just have not had time to write. Enoch took the above picture on Monday of this week. The boys are with my brother and heading up to Seattle today. They are having so much fun and loving life. I am so happy that they were able to leave and have some normal activities and a schedule to follow. So I want to tell you all how things came together for them to leave. We had called the State Department and asked about Carmelo’s passport and if he could leave with the americans. He still hold a Haitian passport with a US residence card. Most everyone said yes that he could get out on the emergency flights. But I had heard from other they were only taking those with US passport and no one else. He has been left behind so many times and I just did not want this to happen to him again. We knew that he would clear customs and be fine when he got to the states. So we were searching for a different plan. Anna, her mom and I were on the computer and phones all day trying to find a different route for them to go out on. We had a plan to go through the DR and that did not happen. Then Pat and Randy M. from WWV wrote and said that had a jet coming in with a medical team. The jet was empty and could fly the kids out. YES! We found the answer we had been looking for all day. So we prepared for them to meet the jet at 9am at the airport. We had no idea how to get through to them and clear customs. We were a little worried. Dad left with the everyone at 5am. They got a call that the pilot would be landing at the “small airport”. So dad drove up to the gate and was going to plead his case and they thought he was media and let them in! They drove over to the airport and waited. An Agape plane (our mail service carrier) had just landed with a plan load of food. They said they would fly everyone out to the DR but the plane had no seats. Some other planes had not been allowed to land. So we were not sure the jet would be allowed to land. We had to make a decision. Go to the DR or wait and see if the jet landed. They were going to just get on the plane to the DR but their passports had not been stamped. So the plane had to take off with out them. They went over to immigrations and they got the passports stamped and were ready to go. A few minutes later the jet landed. The medical team got off and Anna and the boys got on. Dad said it was the most beautiful thing he ever saw in his 63 years. God’s hand was with them each step of the way. I was so happy that they were all able to go together. I have heard today they think the facets in the bathrooms are cool. And a machine that gives you ice and soda right in front of you, they were amazed. I am so thankful to God for helping us. But at the same time I feel so terrible for all those here that do not have the opurtunity to leave. The have no choice but to stay. My husband is one of them. That is one reason that I must stay. We were sent here for a purpose and we must do all we can do to help.
We have a house that we can rent here in Cazale. (if you would like to know the amount needed you can write me at email@example.com) (there are people that live state-side looking at the blog from Cazale and the owner wishes that the price is not made public) We will be needing $5000 to buy new batteries and inverter system for the new house. This system allows the house to run off battery power for about 1/2 of the day. The rest of the day the generator runs. $2000 to put new wires and switches in and get the system moved and set up. The will also allow us to move the internet satellite to the new house. Many of the parents of the children in the RC have been back to visit. We had a list of 28 children that were ready to return home. We had a few kids leave that we being adopted. So as of today we have 50 kids in the RC. This is the lowest we have been in…. well I cannot remember. We feel like we need to get the numbers down as best we can to better manage and take care of those that are here. We also fear in the weeks to come there will be lots of malnourished children due to lack of food. We want to be ready to take these kids in and have a place for them. So that is the update for today. Anna is still in Florida waiting to caught a plane back into Haiti. Pray she is able to find a seat to come back in on. We have a few leads but no seat yet. Believe me, she is ready to come back and will ride in a cargo plane if she has too. Love you Anna!