Everything has been so incredibly heavy and intense this past week, I though we could all use a laugh from reports of the boy’s trip up to Seattle.
- The boys flew on a private luxury jet out of Haiti with their teacher (and close friend) Anna, yet Anna reports they were more enamored with their taxi ride from the airport than their ride on the jet.
- Trey washed his hands no less than 15 times in each airport and was awestruck that the faucets turned on by themselves. He and Henley were also amazed at the fountain soda machine, that it “put in ice by itself” and “made coke without a bottle.”
- While waiting to board the plane in Florida, Trey was perplexed by the people getting off the plane. He inquired why, to which Casey responded they came to see him because he was the most famous ninja warrior in Haitian history. Trey, not using his inside voice, exclaimed, “I’m not famous, I’m just funny.” Which was confirmed by everyone waiting at the gate laughing.
- When they finally began boarding and Casey said, “Time to get on the plane.” Trey jumped up and ordered, “Gentlemen, let’s go!!!”
- Casey said if he had to give advice to someone who is flying with a child living in a developing nation, he would tell them, “Make sure you fully explain how terribly loud the toilet is when flushed on an airplane. It sent Trey into a panicked frenzy.
- Keeping on the theme of Trey, he wore headphones the entire time and never seemed to understand that when he talked loud enough so that he actually could hear himself, that meant he was screaming.
- And of course Henley was so startled in Chicago by the urinal flushing itself that, well, let’s just say it negatively effected his aim.
Despite flying for 7 hours today, and enduring some choppy flights and lame jokes from their uncle, Casey says they were phenomenal. Carmelo was a huge help and everyone made it safely to Seattle upon which a Nerf gun battle of epic proportions commenced.
I would also like to thank Casey’s wife Briana’s parents, Terry and Phyllis Posey, as well as their daughter Hannah and son Clayton, for being such a tremendous blessing to my boys during this difficult time.
Friday they are heading to the Seattle Zoo. Also, Carmelo is on a mission to play in snow. He’s never seen it. Many more fun adventures to follow, including a new cousin that is supposed to be born Feb 2!!!
Casey wrote and said he is already beginning to receive giftcards to help purchase items for the boys. They left with one small backpack between them, and I stuffed half of that full of homeschool materials. A reminder that if you would like to send a giftcard for them, send it to my brother
1102 8th Ave #101
Seattle, WA 98101