It has been a few days since anyone has posted on the blog. I am sorry for that and will do better once I get back in Haiti.
- The boys and I are doing well in Washington. I have been having a nice time here. Everyone that lives in Haiti has a different view when they leave for a few weeks or months. When I leave I do not want to talk about Haiti, think about Haiti. My trips back are usually 3 to 4 weeks long each year, once a year. Those weeks are filled each day morning til night with activities. Speaking at churches, collecting supplies, packing a semi container, visiting family and friends, buying supplies etc. Each year with only part of my family. So it is not really a vacation or a rest time for me at all. I am saying all of that because this time I have rested. I have spent more time with my boys each day than I get to in Haiti. We have laughed, played and hugged on each other so much. It has been WONDERFUL and I have been enjoying myself. I feel guilty most days knowing there is so much work in Haiti. But my family needed me and they have to come first. I just have not had much time to write. I hope you all will stick with me for a few more days until I return to Haiti and get back on schedule.
- I will return to Haiti at the end of next week. I will be there for 2 or 3 weeks then go back out to Indiana. When I arrive in Indiana, Casey will bring the boys there to me. We will stay for a couple of weeks and then all return to Haiti together to be with Enoch. That is the plan unless things get worse there in Haiti.
- I want to thank everyone that sent boxes, notes, gift cards and donation to the boys. The love and support given to them has been such a blessing. Enoch and I greatly appreciate everything everyone has done to make this time for them go smooth.
- Casey and Briana and her family have been such a blessing. They all have loved on the boys and treated them like family. The boys feel safe with them and are enjoying their time in the USA. We are so grateful that they have opened their home and lives to three wild boys. We pray that the Lord continues to bless them. It is hard to put into words how important this is to Enoch and I. We are just so thankful to each family member and each act of kindness they have given to our boys.
- Casey made it back to Washington this week. He is doing well and was able to fill me in on everything happening in Haiti. It was so good for him to go.
- If everything goes well the kids from the RC should be moved into the new house this coming week. There are teams there right now helping to get things set up for the move. I am excited about moving and being able to get organized in a new place. I will post pictures when I get there. I heard that a new tile floor is being layed this week. YEAH!
- Did you hear the land has been purchased! The land has been purchased! I am so super excited about this. This has been an ongoing dream for many, many years. I have just begun to think about how I would like a new facility to be for the kids. It brings tears to my eyes to just think about it. God is good!
- Keeping praying for Haiti, keep thinking about Haiti.