We wanted to remind everyone of our efforts to ship two containers of supplies to Haiti by the end of April. We have almost filled both containers. Zach is in MN for the week helping Debra Woodward load the container there, and will return to load another container in IN this weekend. Please pray for these efforts, that the Haitian people will be blessed by them, and that ultimately God will receive the glory.
A reminder of specifics…
- It costs approximately $10,000 to ship a container to Haiti (including truck, train, and cargo ship, and customs charges). We are able to fit 40 pallets on a container, which means you are able to sponsor an entire pallet of supplies for $250.
- Because of a hard working woman in MN named Debbie Woodward, we are shipping 2 containers this spring, one from Indiana and one from Minnesota
- Needs lists (general mission, RC needs, personal, and baby wishlist)
- All items need to be delivered to either Indiana or Minnesota by April 17 in order to be shipped. The reason we are shipping containers so quickly is that there are reports that containers for non-profits are having the customs fees waived prior to May 1. That would be a savings of around $6,000. If this money is saved from the $250 per pallet, it will be used to cover additional costs for shipping from MN and purchasing additional medicine.
- questions regarding the MN container, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and items can be dropped off or sent to
Northrup King Building, Main Office
1500 Jackson Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
- questions regarding the IN container, contact email@example.com or call firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember to specify your donation is for “container”