Article about Medika Mamba in Haiti
“Unfortunately, the Medika Mamba tale has been far too common in Haiti for years, emblematic of what has been wrong with foreign aid. Local producers can rarely compete with the influx of food, medicine, and other supplies that aid agencies bring. This is part of the reason why today — after decades of aid dependence — Haiti has almost no local economy for these goods” Read the rest of the article here .
- EMI team just gave us there final presentation as a whole group. It was great. The dreams we have are coming to life. They are heading to the beach today to regroup and will return tomorrow.
- A new team of 5 will arrive Monday.
- Anna’s mom and sis have been a WONDERFUL help to us this past week. They will be leaving on Tuesday 😦 We are so thankful for them coming and seeing RHFH and where Anna has been this past year.
- Anna leaves July 12th 😦 We are so sad!
- Lori and Charles are taking a break for a few weeks and will be leaving on the 13th.
- Dad, Jess and I will remain here.
- Aug 3rd another team comes in
- week of Aug 9th moving into Port to wait for the baby to be born.
- Baby due 21st!
- Does anyone want to know where we will be having the baby, where I had the other boys etc- if so I will write you up a post about my experience.
The boys playing in the rain this past week.